Forums - My Pixel XL cannot view how many CPU Insturction info.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
My Pixel XL cannot view how many CPU Insturction info.
stchuck2008
Posted: Wed, 2018-07-04 08:13
My Pixel XL cannot view how many CPU Insturction info.

But, my nexus 5X can do that.

Thus, each device is rooted, but does same thing...

Could I see that, the PixelXL's SnapdragonProfile tmp folder has "simpleperf".
Actually, Nexus 5X and Pixel XL have folder architectures are same....

How can I see #of CPU Insturction with SnapdragonProfiler with Pixel XL?

Now my Pixel Xl is rooted and I was Setting the adb and simpleperf location in SnapdragonProfiler setting.(Simpleperf location is android/arm64/... right? or I must set to windows python helper location?, Yep, My OS is windows.)

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2018-07-05 15:32

The CPU Instructions metric should be available on a Pixel XL as long as it is rooted. Simpleperf is not needed for that data, so the Simpleperf configuration is not relevant in this instance. Do you see other CPU metrics such as CPU Cache Misses, CPU Cycles, CPU Page Faults?

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
stchuck2008
Posted: Wed, 2018-07-11 16:06
Thanks to your information.

I was solve this problem with AOSP... and, when I wasn't set simpleperf location with other computer, I cannot saw cpu informations (your metrics too), but when set the right location of "simpleperf" I could see these.

Exactly, I didnot know why it was working with AOSP (And why didnot work without that...). Only my (ofcourse, it from my senior engineer) think is maybe it will be from "selinux".
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.