Forums - How to add more sensors?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to add more sensors?
tom
Posted: Wed, 2018-05-30 08:08

First of all: great tool, please continue to further improve it!

(How) can I add more sensors to monitor, especially differnet temperature sensors or thermal zones?

I currently want to learn more about the thermal behavior of devices and their Qualcomm chipsets, therefore I'd need to log more than just one temperature sensor.

Best Regards,
Tom

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2018-05-31 11:19

Hi,

Thanks for the comments, Snapdragon Profiler is a constantly evolving tool and we hope we can add as many features to help you developers on your porifling and optimizing efforts. 

You may want to look at the reply I gave to this other post:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/snapdragon-prof...

With Trace user markers you could basically create your own executable that gathers sensor data from whatever source you have and use it to display into Snapdragon Profiler. As mentioned in the other post, writing directly to /d/tracing/trace_marker will allow you to add counter data which would fit your usecase of temperature values over time. The only caveat is that this data will only show in a Trace capture with specified start/stop times. We currently don't support user markes on Realtime.

Hope this helps!

Carlos

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.