Forums - Can't connect to 820-based apq8096

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can't connect to 820-based apq8096
dburd
Posted: Tue, 2018-01-16 19:31

I'm trying to connect Snapdragon Profiler v2.1.0.12152017 ("SDP") running on Windows 10, to an 820-based drone target: QC's apq8096 (aka "Excelsior") running release apq8096-le-1-0-1_ap_standard_oem r00028.2 (perf build).  In SDP, the target devce is listed as "127.0.0.1" (though without a name), the icon goes green after a few seconds, but the Connect times-out (despite raising the timeout in Settings to 90 secs).  Hovering over the red-colored plug says "...Timed out waiting for a connection..."

adb 1.0.39 is working well over USB.  The device is listed:

C:\Users\xxx>adb devices
List of devices attached
b9f4bf8a        device

And "adb shell" works well:
C:\Users\xxx>adb shell
/ # ls
WEBSERVER   cache  etc       lib64       mnt      run     srv     tmp
bin         data   firmware  linuxrc     opt      sbin    sys     usr
boot        dev    home      lost+found  persist  sdcard  system  var
build.prop  dsp    lib       media       proc     share   target  vendor

On the target device, the following files appear right before the icon goes green in SDP... so SDP/target comms are happening, to some extent:
/data/local
/data/local/tmp
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libc++_shared.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libDCAP.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libGGPM.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libmcpp.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libMetricsAPI.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libOpenCL.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libqtrace.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libSDPCore.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libsysmon.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libsysmondomain.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/libsysmonslpi.so
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginCPU
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginDDRBandwidth
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginDSP-Application
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginDSP-Compute
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginDSP-Sensor
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginGPU-GGPM
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginGPU-OpenCL
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginGPU-OpenGLES
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginGPU-QGL
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginNetwork
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginPower
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginSystrace
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/pluginThermal
/data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/sdpservice
/data/local/debug
/data/local/debug/vulkan
/data/local/debug/vulkan/libVkLayer_q3dtools_64.so
/data/local/debug/vulkan/libVkLayer_q3dtools_32.so

Also, netstat on the target shows adbd is listening on a TCP socket with the port that is in SDP's Settings (port 6800):
/ # netstat -apn | grep 6800
netstat -apn | grep 6800
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:6800          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      2489/adbd

There aren't any SDPCore or other relevant messages in adb logcat... nothing with a name containing "sdp" in the target's processed/threads or systemctl services...

Any ideas on why SDP can't connect to the target?  Anything I can try?

Thanks!
-Dana
*/
  • Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2018-01-17 15:09

Hi Dana,

Snapdragon Profiler is detecting your device as an Android device, which is why it kind of looks like it's working but cannot connect.  You'll need Snapdragon Profiler v2.2, which adds support for LE targets. That version is progressing through the release process now and should be available on QDN soon.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
dburd
Posted: Wed, 2018-01-17 18:32

Thanks, Eric!

Poking around this morning, I saw that the target's /data/local/tmp/SnapdragonProfiler/xxx files loaded by SDP were android... and I saw that a set of "service/le/xxx" files were in my SDP installation.  So I copied the service/le files on top of the service/android files... and bam, it connects :-)

Any reason why Windoze SDP v2.1.0.12152017 doesn't see my target as "le", even though it contains the service/le files?

Appreciated,

-D

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2018-01-18 10:26

I think there is some confusion about which version of SDP you are using. Are you sure your version number is not 2.2.0.12152017?

As far as detecting your device as Android vs LE, SDP uses the ro.build.version.release property for that. Can you send the value of that property on your device?

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
dburd
Posted: Thu, 2018-01-18 11:43

Well... the SDP app splash screen (on startup and Help->About) says v2.1.0.12152017.  See screenshot.

$ adb shell getprop ro.build.version.release

The target image is a stock build of QC release apq8096-le-1-0-1_ap_standard_oem r00028.2.
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.