Forums - SDP does not connect to device

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
SDP does not connect to device
msbabu
Posted: Thu, 2017-12-21 19:20

Hi,

I just downloaded the SDP v2.1 on Windows10 today and tried to connect my Motorola X Pure Edition phone just to check sanity.

When I start the profiler, and click on "connect to a device", my phone shows up correctly and lists. When I click on connect after that, nothing happens and the plug icon turns red and the status at the bottom still says disconnected. I do not know why this is happening and am not sure how to debug this issue.

What surprises me is that, I was able to connect to Adreno Profiler and look at some graphs for OpenGL benchmarks (side question: Is there a way to export that data into a .csv? I could only save it as an .apr). Perhaps the difference between how Adreno Profiler and Snapdragon Profiler connect can tell me why it fails.

Any inputs will be helpful!

Thanks,

Manoj

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2017-12-21 20:34

Hi Manoj,

What version of ADB are you using? Snapdragon Profiler requires v1.0.32 or later.

When the plug icon turns red, you can hover your mouse cursor over it to get more information. That may provide a clue to what's going wrong.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
msbabu
Posted: Fri, 2017-12-22 11:15

Hi Eric,

I hovered my mouse over the red plug icon and it told me the port was in use. I changed it and the device was able to connect. (This information was also present in the user guide when I was perusing it later)

Thanks, that helped!

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.