Forums - Snapdragon Profiler can't capture snapshot on Nexus 5X with Android 7.1.1

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Snapdragon Profiler can't capture snapshot on Nexus 5X with Android 7.1.1
chraac
Posted: Tue, 2017-12-12 23:49

I have facing the same problem as this topic:

Snapdragon Profiler Can't Capture Snapshot on Pixel XL https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/snapdragon-prof...

And I had tried everything mention in the post:

1.make sure app has r/w external storage an internet permission

2.set the glFlush/glFinish and EGLSwapSuffers in frame delimiter to true etc.

3.force the app to issue gl calls and EGLSwapSuffers

My app has one egl context, and this context will MakeCurrent with different windows surface and pbuffer surface; 

Context was operating in a worker thread, and app will call EGLSwapSuffers every update

Configuration:

Win 7 sp-1 with last update installed

Nexus 5X with android 7.1.1 N4F26T (rooted)

ADB 1.0.39

Following is the apk that can use to reproduce the issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpwjx5xebssbx4q/sample.apk?dl=0

Step to reproduce:

1.Install sample.apk

2.Tap sample icon in android luncher

3.Click "Add" button

4.Start Snapdragon Profiler and create new snapshot for sample

5.Click "=" button to cause update

• Up0
  • Down0
chraac
Posted: Thu, 2017-12-28 03:35

any progress?

• Up0
  • Down0
BenM
Posted: Tue, 2018-01-02 08:35

Hello,

Snapdragon Profiler needs to be started and connected before launching the app you wish to snapshot.  If you are launching SDP after the app, then that could be the reason the snapshot is not able to be performed.  I was able to take a snapshot of the above apk with a Pixel XL device here.

Let me know if that helps at all.

-Ben

• Up0
  • Down0
chraac
Posted: Wed, 2018-01-03 00:33

I tried to start profiler first but it still can't get snapshot

• Up0
  • Down0
BenM
Posted: Wed, 2018-01-03 07:40

Can you try going into your device settings and force-kill your app before you start Profiler?  Also, if you can run "adb logcat -c" and then "adb logcat > logcat.txt" from a Windows command prompt after force-killing your app and before starting Profiler, then stopping the logcat <ctrl-c> after you attempt the snapshot?  If you can attach the resulting logcat.txt file, there may be something in there that may help diagnose the issue.

Thanks,

Ben

• Up0
  • Down0
chraac
Posted: Sat, 2018-01-06 04:43

I'm quite sure that the app was clearly exit before sdp start to capture

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2018-01-12 12:07

OK, understood. There's not much more we can do without more information, but if you can provide the logs as Ben described we can look into this further.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
chraac
Posted: Sun, 2018-01-14 23:55

Thanks for replying, and the apk I provide can't reproduce the problem? If so, I'll add logcat output

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2018-01-15 16:56

We were originally unable to reproduce the problem, but after a second try we have reproduced it using your APK. It appears the problem has been fixed in newer versions of the GPU drivers (which is why we were initially unable to reproduce). Are you able to update your device to Android 8, which will have updated drivers?

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
chraac
Posted: Fri, 2018-01-19 00:52

was profling with another Nexus 6P device whick has android 8.1.1, and the problem still exist. here is the logcat output, and you can see the driver version is 

VERSION OpenGL ES 3.2 [email protected] (GIT@a2b520b, Ibdb59aaa19) (Date:09/06/17)

so it's the driver too old or another problem?

Following is the logcat output

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9wgk7ps9tultft/sdp.2.7z?dl=0

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2018-01-26 12:14

We are not able to trace the origin of that driver build. It does not match the driver from our standard installation of Android 8.1 on Nexus 6P (using the build released by Google). And we are still not able to reproduce any problem with your app on an Android 8.1 device. So yes, it appears your driver is the source of the issue.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.