Forums - Understand how long does a drawcall take

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Understand how long does a drawcall take
a.monopoli
Posted: Thu, 2017-09-28 02:46

Hello,

I'm trying to use Snapdragon profiler with UE4.16 and google Pixel, but I'm having a hard time understanding how to take out how long does it takes to render a drawcall on the GPU.

When making a snapshop with "GPU Generals->Clocks", I do get a "Clocks" colums with some numbers in it, but I don't know how to convert them in ms.

Do you know how to do it?

Cheers,

Alex

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2017-10-04 09:14

Converting clocks into ms is not as straight forward as it may sound. There's a bit of a Heisenberg uncertainty principle as the GPU is constantly switching frequencies and there's no exact way to correlate them with the exact instant that the drawcall was performed. One alternative that is a compromise but maybe can suffice your needs is to use an override within Snapdragon Profiler that disables this scaling which will effectively max out the GPU clock all the time (This override is located in Options->Process->GL Realtime Overrides->EnableGPUDCVSandNAP). With a fixed GPU clock rate you should be able to manually calculate time from clocks.

• Up0
  • Down0
Posted: Wed, 2023-07-26 04:53

have a multi-core GPU mobile phone, I want to know whether the clocks are the average clock consumption of all GPU cores or the clock consumption of a single GPU core with longer processing time."

• Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Thu, 2023-08-03 00:54

Dear customer

When capture trace, do you enable the RenderStage trace?
If you enabled RenderStage trace, you can see one row in trace to show each surface render time in details.

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.