Forums - It takes a lot of time to see one drawcall

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
It takes a lot of time to see one drawcall
ggalt
Posted: Thu, 2017-07-06 21:06

i use snapdragon profiler get a snapshot capture, and i want to see every draw call cost time. when i double click the draw call list, it takes a lot of time to show it, even take 1min, is there any way to make it fast?

• Up0
  • Down0
BenM
Posted: Fri, 2017-07-07 08:11

There's no way to make it run "fast".... but there are some ways to improve the speed if you don't mind some reduced functionality.

In the "Options" window, select "System" in the combo-box to the left, and "GL General Options" in the combo-box to the right.  The following settings can be toggled which will improve replay speed:

DepthStencil Screenshot -> False

Full Screenshot -> False

Highlight Screenshot -> False

These will hopefully help, as yes, waiting up to a minute for a replay is a bit tedious!  We are looking into ways to improve this further, as especially with highly complex scenes with lots of buffer/texture data, the replay speed hurts.

-Ben

• Up0
  • Down0
ggalt
Posted: Sat, 2017-07-08 00:15
thank you for reply!

i try to set the setting, but can not improve replay speed, it still very long time to replay a drawcall.......

im a mobile game developer, we have more then 200 drawcall in game, and total texture num about 400, when i use Adreno Profiler, it fast then Snapdragon Profiler to see drawcalls, but use the new phone with Snapdragon 820, it can not to see the drawcall clocks.

Snapdragon Profiler is a very useful tools, hope it can improve replay drawcall .

thanks!
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.