Forums - No version works correctly

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
No version works correctly
Flamaros
Posted: Wed, 2017-01-25 13:38

Hi,

I was lucky to be able to use the profiler few days when I needed in the past, but now each time I made a try I am not able to use it. At least from the version 1.4 all versions crash a some points (connection to device, when capturing, when it compute the app list,...). I just can't use it any more with any device. I mostly use my Motorola Nexus 6 that run actually on Android 7.0.

I discover that the tegra nsight can run better for this device, that seems curious due to the hardware branding of the Nexus 6.

It is frustrating as I already saw some great features of the profiler, and now it take much more time for me to improve performances and realibility of our application for your hardware.

At least instead of crashes if there is compatibility issue with devices I am expecting proper feedback that can help me to solve that. Else I just want to give up.

You must see this post as a message of encouragements to do better.

Thank you for read.

PS: Original post in wrong sub-forum, so I moved it

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2017-01-25 15:20

I'm sorry you experienced difficulties using Adreno Profiler. This tool has been deprecated for some time now and is only recommended for profiling devices with Adreno A3XX family GPU's and below. I would encourage you to please try our newest Snapdragon Profiler which includes all the previous Adreno Profiler functionality and more data gathered from across the full system on a chip.

If your focus is on GPU profiling you will find that Snapdragon Profiler's 'Rendering Stages' trace metric is an invaluable tool to measure accurate GPU execution and to understand how the Adreno GPU is processing your frame on the various stages of our tiling architecture. 

• Up0
  • Down0
Flamaros
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-26 07:18

Sorry my mistake I post in the wrong sub forum, I am using snapdragon profiler obviously.

I had uninstall the adreno profiler since many months.

I move this thread in the right sub-forum (to Snapdragon profiler).

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-26 11:27

Sorry to hear you've been having problems. For starters, please try our new release (v1.6) if you haven't already as we made a number of stability fixes for that release. If you're still having issues with that version, please let us know some more specifics about your issues (what OS you are running the Profiler client on, what actions you are taking, etc.).

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
Flamaros
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-26 12:59

Yes I tried the version 1.6.

I am running it on Windows 10 64bits, and it crash when it scan the applications on the device, after discoring few applications (4 - 5) it crash. It is the same if I launch the profiling view.

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-26 16:04

OK, after it crashes if you open the Windows Event Viewer and go to Windows Logs -> Application, you should see an error log for .NET Runtime. In that log the first line should indicate that the application is SnapdragonProfiler.exe. If you can post the contents of that log it should tell us more about the problem.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
Flamaros
Posted: Fri, 2017-01-27 02:30
I have a crash when connecting to device on my PC at office, I'll give you the one I got at home too, because it doesn't see to be the same issue.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          27/01/2017 11:21:28
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Xavier-PC
Description:
Application: SnapdragonProfiler.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.FormatException
   at Sdp.OptionColor.Parse(System.String)
   at Sdp.OptionsViewController.AddOptionPropertyDescriptor(Option)
   at Sdp.OptionsViewController.ConnectionEvents_OptionAdded(System.Object, Sdp.OptionEventArgs)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at Sdp.EventsManager.Raise[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.EventHandler`1<System.__Canon>, System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at Sdp.InternalClientDelegate.OnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)
   at ClientDelegate.SwigDirectorOnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)

Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-01-27T10:21:28.690353600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11769</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Xavier-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: SnapdragonProfiler.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.FormatException
   at Sdp.OptionColor.Parse(System.String)
   at Sdp.OptionsViewController.AddOptionPropertyDescriptor(Option)
   at Sdp.OptionsViewController.ConnectionEvents_OptionAdded(System.Object, Sdp.OptionEventArgs)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at Sdp.EventsManager.Raise[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.EventHandler`1&lt;System.__Canon&gt;, System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at Sdp.InternalClientDelegate.OnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)
   at ClientDelegate.SwigDirectorOnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)

</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

• Up0
  • Down0
Flamaros
Posted: Fri, 2017-01-27 14:45

Back with log that I get at home:

Nom du journal :Application
Source :       .NET Runtime
Date :         25/01/2017 22:19:54
ID de l’événement :1026
Catégorie de la tâche :Aucun
Niveau :       Erreur
Mots clés :    Classique
Utilisateur :  N/A
Ordinateur :   Phobos
Description :
Application : SnapdragonProfiler.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.FormatException
   à Sdp.OptionColor.Parse(System.String)
   à Sdp.OptionsViewController.AddOptionPropertyDescriptor(Option)
   à Sdp.OptionsViewController.ConnectionEvents_OptionAdded(System.Object, Sdp.OptionEventArgs)
   à System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   à Sdp.EventsManager.Raise[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.EventHandler`1<System.__Canon>, System.Object, System.__Canon)
   à Sdp.InternalClientDelegate.OnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)
   à ClientDelegate.SwigDirectorOnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)

XML de l’événement :
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-01-25T21:19:54.275539500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>6672</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Phobos</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application : SnapdragonProfiler.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.FormatException
   à Sdp.OptionColor.Parse(System.String)
   à Sdp.OptionsViewController.AddOptionPropertyDescriptor(Option)
   à Sdp.OptionsViewController.ConnectionEvents_OptionAdded(System.Object, Sdp.OptionEventArgs)
   à System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   à Sdp.EventsManager.Raise[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.EventHandler`1&lt;System.__Canon&gt;, System.Object, System.__Canon)
   à Sdp.InternalClientDelegate.OnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)
   à ClientDelegate.SwigDirectorOnOptionAdded(UInt32, UInt32, UInt32)

</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
  • Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2017-01-27 17:04

We've been able to reproduce your issue, and we believe it is caused by the regional formatting setting on your PC. Any format setting that uses a character other than period (.) for the decimal symbol causes an exception leading to the crash. We should have a fix implemented in the next release of Profiler, but in the mean time you can work around the issue by changing your formatting setting. This can be done via Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region -> Change the date, time or number format. You can either change the format selection at the top to English (United States), or you can click Additional settings... at the bottom and then change the decimal symbol to period (.). We understand this is not ideal since it is a system-wide setting, but it should allow you to use Profiler until the fix is available.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
Flamaros
Posted: Mon, 2017-01-30 03:59

Hi,

The workaround works fine, but effectively it is not ideal as I need to let my computer in french to develop our application for PC and changing this settings is not easy because the country search is not possible in a really long list.

To avoid issues with the local a simple way is to force the C one on application startup with setlocale(LC_ALL, "C"); in c++. We use this on our application to have a fixed parsing of the application data files that isn't affected by the local settings of the user.

I hope to see the two fixes in a new version soon.

Thank you a lot for helps.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.