Forums - snapshot with Google Pixel XL

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
snapshot with Google Pixel XL
pr2723
Posted: Fri, 2016-12-09 21:29

I am trying to use "New Snapshot" on Google Pixel XL phone. Tried simple Empty Activity app, wonderglade and other apps. SnapdragonProfiler displays "Retrieving Snapshot" at the bottom of the screen forever. Looks like it is not working at all. "RealTime" and "New Trace Capture" are working as excepted.

Can you tell me what apps for which SnapdragonProfiler works

• Up0
  • Down0
pr2723
Posted: Sat, 2016-12-10 19:13

I tried "Fruit Ninja" and it did work. Seems SnapdragonProfiler works for certain types of applications, not all of them?

• Up0
  • Down0
khawkins Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 11:00

Profiler works with all apps, but it's possible some apps use different frame delimiters than the default eglSwapBuffers. If this is the case with your apps then you can try changing these in Profiler's Options view.

Also, make sure you start Profiler before starting your GLES app. This is required in order for the Profiler to be properly enabled in the driver when your app calls eglInitialize.

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 11:33

If you can use the Sumbit Feedback option in Snapdragon Profiler's Help menu after a failed snapshot, that will help us debug the problem.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
pr2723
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 13:16

Thank you, Kevin. Can you try 

https://github.com/googlevr/gvr-android-sdk/tree/master/samples/sdk-trea... yourself?

Here are the steps I am using

1. start profiler and connect to Pixel XL

2. run TreasureHunt

3. go to start page and click "new Snapshot Capture".

4. select "com.google.vr.sdk.samples.treasurehunt" in process list.

I'm not even seeing Process | GPU General | Clocks option? However, if I click on "com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox:search, I did see it.  Am I doing anything wrong here?

snapdragonprofiler: 1.5.4.10212016

• Up0
  • Down0
jasonworks
Posted: Thu, 2016-12-22 14:39

I'm having the same issue with my Unity based Daydream app.  Is there a specific setting or delimiter I should try?

• Up0
  • Down0
jasonworks
Posted: Tue, 2017-01-03 15:19

Actually, I'm just plain getting this problem with any Unity based app.  I've tried creating a new app, adding a box to the scene, and building and installing it on my Pixel XL.  At that point Realtime and Trace Capture still work, but Snapshot Capture still fails.  I have been able to get other non-Unity apps to Snapshot Capture - but Unity-based apps have eluded me.  Anyone out there get a Unity app working?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.