Forums - Cannot connect the device

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cannot connect the device
liming.li
Posted: Tue, 2016-12-06 23:00

With the environment configured,I ran the command ./run_sdp.sh,following these warning below. 

Besides, I could find the device but couldn't connect it with erro “E: Device '7980fa77' connection failed: Timed out waiting for a connection from the target device. Please try connecting again. If the problem persists, try increasing the connection timeout in File->Settings->Device..

My enviroment:

ubuntu 14.04 LTS

the Latest libc++ C++ Runtime
*EXAMPLE INSTALL*
sudo apt-get install libc++1 

$ c++ --version
c++ (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3) 4.8.4
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.7/08fd525 Mon Nov 14 12:30:00 UTC 2016)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
 TLS:           __thread
 SIGSEGV:       altstack
 Notifications: epoll
 Architecture:  amd64
 Disabled:      none
 Misc:          softdebug 
 LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
 GC:            sgen

$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_111"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.7) (7u111-2.6.7-0ubuntu0.14.04.3)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.111-b01, mixed mode)
$ adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.36
Revision 302830efc153-android

I can find the device:
~$ adb devices
List of devices attached
7980fa77 device

my device is an UAV call dobby from ZeroTech co.
the info of my device:
cpu qcom801
gpu adreno 300
system linaro-android or linaro-linux maybe

when I run the run_sdp.sh, there are some warning like these, and  it cannot connect the device while it find the device.
pls help me figure out this problem! thank you ! 

SnapdragonProfiler$ ./run_sdp.sh 
SnapdragonProfiler$ 
(SnapdragonProfiler:10571): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "xamarin",

(SnapdragonProfiler:10571): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "xamarin",

SDPTheme/gtkrc:30: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "icons/error_fff_48.png"
SDPTheme/gtkrc:31: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "icons/enable_fff.png"

SDPTheme/gtkrc:385: Unable to find include file: "styles/startpage"
SDPTheme/gtkrc:387: Unable to find include file: "styles/statusbar"

I: Device added: 7980fa77 127.0.0.1
I: Device '7980fa77' discovered.
I: Device '7980fa77' ready.
I: Starting service: adb -s 7980fa77 shell LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp/sdpservice -clientIP 127.0.0.1 -cmdNetPort 6500
I: Server socket 0x00000002 listening on tcp://0.0.0.0:6500
I: Listening for command net connections on port 6500...
E: Device '7980fa77' connection failed: Timed out waiting for a connection from the target device. Please try connecting again. If the problem persists, try increasing the connection timeout in File->Settings->Device..
I: Server socket 0x00000002 closed on tcp://0.0.0.0:6500
I: Device '7980fa77' ready.
  • Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2016-12-07 10:10

What version of Snapdragon Profiler are you running? Also, what device are you attempting to connect to and what version of Android is it running?

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
liming.li
Posted: Wed, 2016-12-07 17:47

Hi Eric,

I download the tar.gz from offficial web, I guess the version of Snapdragon Profiler is v1.5.4.

The device is an UAV call Dobby from ZeroTech co. Beijing.

The system of device is linaro, I'm not sure which system it is based on, linux or ubuntu?

But I can use adb to connect the device for terminal and adb shell to go in the device.

I use the toolchain gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8 to compile my program and push it to device, but I can use the Android ION mechanism.

I have no idea about it....

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2016-12-08 08:12

Snapdragon Profiler currently only supports devices running Android 5.0 or higher. Some Linux distributions have ADB support integrated, which results in the device showing up in Profiler's connection window. However, the device side components of Profiler are only compatible with Android.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
liming.li
Posted: Thu, 2016-12-08 18:28

I guess so.

Anyway, thank you so much.

Btw, if I wanna figure out profiling info of  my program on the sanpdragon device with linux, do you have any suggestion?

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 13:40

It really depends on what you want to profile and what tools are available in the Linux distribution you are working with. So I don't have any specific advice for you other than standard internet searches.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.