Forums - snapdragon profiler stop working while connecting

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
snapdragon profiler stop working while connecting
y386878
Posted: Wed, 2016-11-02 00:36

Hi

I'm running the Snapdragon Profiler on Windows 7. the adb path set is OK. and it can find my cellphone. but when I click on connect, the snapdragon profiler(1.5.2) stop working. I tried nexus 5(root), nexus 6p and samsung s7 edge for the same results. 

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

• Up0
  • Down0
BenM
Posted: Wed, 2016-11-02 08:37

What version of adb are you using?

-Ben

• Up0
  • Down0
ToolsPM
Posted: Wed, 2016-11-02 08:46

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems connecting. As Ben mentioned, most of the time problems like this are caused by running an older version of ADB. You need 1.0.32 or later. 

Please also confirm that all of your devices are running Android 5.x or later.  

Although this isn't a connection-related issue. It's worth mentioning that Snapdragon Capture mode requires a mobile device with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805, (or later) processor. 

Other Requirements

Hardware

- PC running Microsoft Windows 7, 8.x, or 10

- Mac running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later

- PC running Ubuntu Linux 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) or later Software

Windows PC

- Android Debug Bridge (ADB) 1.0.32 or later.

- GTK# 2.12.25 for .NET

- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

Mac OS X

- Android Debug Bridge (ADB) 1.0.32 or later

- Latest Mono Framework at http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-mac

Linux Ubuntu

- Android Debug Bridge (ADB) 1.0.32 or later

- Latest Mono Framework at http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-lin

- Latest libc++ C++ Runtime

- Java JRE 1.7.0_79 or later

More details in the User Guide and Quick Start Guide

- Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2016-11-02 10:08

I also recommend downloading the latest version of Snapdragon Profiler (1.5.4), as we've fixed some connection issues since 1.5.2.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
frederic.mizac
Posted: Tue, 2016-11-08 06:07

Hello,

I had exactly the same issue, to fix it, I had to change my regional settings to be English (United.States) instead of my regular French (France) settings.

By doing so, all the string to numerical conversion are working without generating a System.FormatException

Hope this helps,

Fred Mizac

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.