Forums - Snapdragon Profiler 1.5.3 is Now Available!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Snapdragon Profiler 1.5.3 is Now Available!
ToolsPM
Posted: Tue, 2016-10-11 13:40

We're pleased to announce that Snapdragon Profiler 1.5.3 is now available. You can download the Mac, Windows or Linux installers here.

What's New in Version 1.5.3

·        Added ability for developers to submit feedback and issues, accessible from the Tools menu

·        Removed LogCat view from all default layouts. It is still accessible from the View menu

·        Fixed Vulkan API trace captures on Android Nougat

·        Fixed issue launching Profiler on Windows 7 32-bit

·        Fixed Realtime overrides not toggling appropriately

·        Fixed Realtime view not available after closing it

·        Fixed crash when selecting a program if connected through Wi-Fi

·        Fixed some metrics returning invalid data

·        Fixed issues with Snapdragon Profiler and multi-context applications

·        Fixed Snapshot captures not working for various applications

·        Fixed Snapshot view not resizing after a capture

·        Fixed description not displayed in Shader Analyzer on OSX and Linux

·        Fixed thumbnails in Resources view not scaling correctly

·        Fixed FBOs showing incorrect dimensions on drawcall replays

·        Fixed mip level count incorrect for textures using glGenerateMipmaps

·        Improved installer to download all necessary runtime dependencies

Previous release notes are available here:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/snapdragon-profiler/release-notes

Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
pavelb
Posted: Tue, 2016-10-11 14:59

The app is having huge problems connecting to nexus 6p (tried in both usb charging and usb file transfer modes).

Using Windows 10 and latest Android available for nexus 6p.

In about 99.999% of my attemps it was just unable to connect, in rare cases that it did connect, it crashes in about 20 sec later

giving "unhandled .NET exception" message.

Version 1.5.2 also had connection and stability problems (but not like this)

Version before that had no problems at all, i was able to connect everytime and everything worked.

I was struggling with your your provious version r for long long time, and now its now working at all :(

Here is attached video of me "working" with Snapdragon Profiler.

https://youtu.be/QKkTufMElVA

• Up0
  • Down0
ToolsPM
Posted: Tue, 2016-10-11 15:02

Sorry to hear that you're having problems. Can you please confirm that you're running ADB v1.0.32 (or later)?

- Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
pavelb
Posted: Tue, 2016-10-11 23:49
c:\Projects\build>adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.35
Revision fc2a139a55f5-android
  • Up0
  • Down0
ToolsPM
Posted: Wed, 2016-10-12 08:28

Thanks. Here are a few random suggestions. I'm sure our engineers will have even better ideas for you. 

1. Can you please confirm when you go to the cmd prompt and type 'adb devices' that you see an alphanumeric string below 'List of devices attached'? 

2. Can you let us know which version of Android you're running and whether your mobile device is running a custom ROM? 

3. Did you try mousing over the red Connection icon to get specific details about the error? This will probably tell you to increase the timeout. 

4. If you don’t have ADB in your path, go to File->Settings in Snapdragon Profiler and set the ADB path on the Android tab.

5. Normally our installer flags any missing dependencies, but you might want to confirm you have the following installed. 

Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
pavelb
Posted: Wed, 2016-10-12 09:26

1. I see my device in adb devices, I can also connect to it using adb shell. I can also perform other operations like install apps using adb without any problems.

2. As i mentioned before, Nexus 6p with latest android update available via official update channel (over the air update). No custom roms or whatever.

3. Yep it says "timed out"

4. I do have adb in my path. Without it the profiler would not show me the device name in the connect to device dialog. (See the video I attached to original complain)

5. The "Uninstall program" windows dialog shows me that i have Gtk# 2.12.26 and .Net 4.5 installed.

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2016-10-12 09:37

Hi Pavel,

We've been able to reproduce your issue internally and we are looking into it. There seems to be a hang that's exhibited in Nexus 6P phones, it happened with Android M but it's somehow accentuated in Android N. We'll keep you posted about the fix and unfortunately there's no workaround at the moment.

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2016-10-12 09:55

Pavel, 

After failing to connect to your device, please open the Help menu in Snapdragon Profiler and click Submit Feedback. After filling in the form you can generate a problem report file that you can send to us (please reference this forum thread when you send it). That will help us debug your issue.

In the case that you do get connected and Profiler crashes, if you open the Windows Event Viewer and go to the Application log (under Windows Logs) there should be one or more entries there with more information about the crash. If you could post that information that would also help us debug the problem.

Thanks.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
pavelb
Posted: Fri, 2016-10-14 06:52

Just got the file you sent me, looks like it works fine now.

• Up0
  • Down0
Carlos Dominguez Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2016-10-14 08:30

That's great news, thank you for testing it.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.