Forums - Snapdragon & Adreno Profiler realtime stats not working

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Snapdragon & Adreno Profiler realtime stats not working
clloyd_ea
Posted: Fri, 2016-08-12 00:49

Hey there,

I have tried two devices, a Samsung S4 GT-I9515 running 5.0.1 and a Nexus 6 running 5.1.1 and I am experiencing the same kinds of issues with both devices.

I am able to connect the devices immediately in Snapdragon Profiler, however, the when selecting the Realtime metrics section no GPU information is displayed, in fact the application crashes on the Nexus a few seconds after clicking to profile. I do see some logs making it to logcat with the message:

Level: W
Tag: debuggerd
Text: type=1400 audit(0.0:2899: avc: denied {search} for name="tmp" dev="dm-0" ino=334562 scontext=u:r:debugger:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:shell_data_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive = 0

Additionally I have been unable to successfully complete a trace with either device

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
ToolsPM
Posted: Fri, 2016-08-12 09:20

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Make sure that you are running Snapdragon Profiler v1.5.2. It just came out yesterday. 

1. I'm not sure why no GPU info is displayed in the Realtime metrics section. I'm sure one of our engineers will have a coment on that. 

2. The reason Snapshot capture doesn't work on your Samsung device is because it has a Snapdragon 600 series processor and runs Android 5.0. Currently Snapshot Capture requires a Snapdragon 805 (or later) processor and Android 6.0 (or later). The Nexus 6 has an 805, but needs to be upgraded to Android 6.0 in order to work. 

- Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2016-08-12 10:23

Hi clloyd_ea,

When you say that no GPU information is displayed for realtime metrics, do you mean that no GPU metrics are available in the data sources list, or that when you enable GPU metrics you don't see any data?

Also, can you go into some more detail about your problems with trace (which metrics you've selected, what you see in the GUI, etc.)?

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
clloyd_ea
Posted: Tue, 2016-08-23 01:23

"Hi clloyd_ea,

When you say that no GPU information is displayed for realtime metrics, do you mean that no GPU metrics are available in the data sources list, or that when you enable GPU metrics you don't see any data?

Also, can you go into some more detail about your problems with trace (which metrics you've selected, what you see in the GUI, etc.)?

Eric"

Hey,

Sorry for the incredibly late reply, it's been busy. So whenever I select any of the GPU metrics, the bar appears but it doesn't show any data.

GPU% Utilization and most of the other stats just display a single constant line at the maximum value between 0.000 and 0.000 :)

Thanks,

Carl

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2016-08-24 14:01

Just to clarify, are you seeing this issue with your Nexus 6 or the Galaxy S4?

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.