Forums - Can Snapdragon Profiler capture the application uses OpenGL ES 2.x ?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can Snapdragon Profiler capture the application uses OpenGL ES 2.x ?
HaiPhan
Posted: Wed, 2016-07-27 03:38

Hello,

Can we use the Snapdragon Profiler to capture and view GPU metrix with Open GL ES 2.x ? Currently Adreno Profiler is not maintain and usually crash to capture on Application.

Thanks,

Hai

• Up0
  • Down0
BenM
Posted: Wed, 2016-07-27 08:12

Yes, OpenGLES 2.x applications should be supported by Snapdragon Profiler provided the device itself is supported.

-Ben

• Up0
  • Down0
HaiPhan
Posted: Thu, 2016-08-11 16:50

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your reponse. I find out we can capture with snapdragon >= 805.

Hai

• Up0
  • Down0
carrado.grant@g...
Posted: Tue, 2016-08-23 07:19

The Snapdragon Profiler in its current iteration is utterly useless and I say this because Qualcomm in now forcing users to have the latest and greatest in order to use this tool. The previous Adreno Profiler ( I forget the name ), was able to capture frames from OpenGL ES, heck you could even hotload shader and get a few GPU metrics. It had is problem, but overall it was more useful imo than this current tool. Why should I need a to have a specific SOC just to do a snapshot and analyze a simple frame from OpenGL ES. If the older version was able to do it, what is preventing this version from doing the same ? I'm slowly losing faith in Qualcomm and their SOCs, granted I'm only 1 person, but suffice it to say, apart from the devices I currently have, I'll never buy another devices with a Snapdragon SOC.

• Up0
  • Down0
khawkins Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2016-08-23 09:40

Hi,

For GPU debugging on older devices we still recommend you use Adreno Profiler. It will continue to work with these devices for GPU features. However, if you're working with newer devices we recommend Snapdragon Profiler.

Kevin

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.