Forums - No process options

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
No process options
pweeks65
Posted: Thu, 2015-11-12 13:13

Hello!

Very powerful tool here, but it doesnt seem to want to play with my Samsung Galaxy S5 (SMG900V) which i'm pretty sure is snapdragon 801 with adreno 330 http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5_cdma-6338.php

I can connect no problem, but neither realtime nor trace will show me options for the process when I select my process from the list. 

This is a Unity project and has Unity "development build" and "connect with profiler" enabled. I don't know if those interfere or not.

Would lke to use this tool to verify Unity's profiler data for cpu and also get gpu profiling data (unity profiler does not provide gpu data).

Thanks,

Phil

• Up0
  • Down0
pweeks65
Posted: Thu, 2015-11-12 13:37

i don't get process options for any running process, so i'm guessing the answer is going to be "not supported"? that's a shame...how can i use this tool to measure frame time? cpu time? gpu time? determine if i'm gpu bound or cpu bound? without any process options I've got a very lovely animated colorful screen of graphs that I really can't decipher...if my cpu utilization is 20-40% and my gpu is 18-35% what does that tell me?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.