Forums - libQSML-symphony?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
libQSML-symphony?
frap129
Posted: Mon, 2018-07-09 11:51

Hello,

In the QSML 0.15.0 release notes, it was stated that the symphony cpu library would be included to help people transition, but what is the difference between libQSML-0.15.5.so and libQSML-symphony-0.15.5.so? From my understanding, libQSML already uses parallel execution (unless using libQSML-sequential), so is libQSML-symphony just using Symphony instead of OpenMP? Are there any functional (other than including the symphony libs) or performance differences between the two? The only mention I've found was in the 0.15.0 release notes.

Thanks in advance!

• Up1
  • Down0
rakihasa
Posted: Mon, 2018-10-29 18:39

Hi, 

Apology for late reply. 

The library using Symphony is deprecated. The binaries were still being included for legacy reasons (without any performance comparisons). But ideally, yes, both libraries are functionally equivalent: one using OpenMP and the other using Symphony for parallelism.

A new version of the library (now named QML, version 1.0.0) is released. It provides several bug fixes and performance improvements. Only the libraries with OpenMP are included and will be supported.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.