Forums - Testing with an Android Virtual Device

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Testing with an Android Virtual Device
ian.wilmoth
Posted: Tue, 2017-06-06 10:28

Is it possible to link the QSML into an Android Studio project (I'm using the NDK) and test the resulting code on an Android Virtual Device target? I realize that the QSML is most likely not meant to execute under emulation, but I don't have a development board set up at the moment to use as a target.

When I try to build a sample app, including QSML, I get this error message: qsml_architecture.h:72:2: error: "QSML could not detect or does not support the requested architecture"

I am using Android Studio 2.3.2 on Windows 7 x64, and I have tried to build for several different Android Virtual Devices (x86 and emulated ARM).

Thanks,

Ian

• Up0
  • Down0
swinston
Posted: Mon, 2017-07-10 11:17

Check out my response in the other thread for details on how to setup Android Studio to work with QSML.

For your question about running with an emulator.  You're going to want to ensure that the apk built is for the right abi.  This is to say one can't expect armeabi-v7a compiled code to work on x86, MIPS or any other abi other than armeabi-v7a.  The emulator creation wizard will rightly complain about speed when you select anything other than x86.  However, QSML only distributes armeabi-v7a and arm64-v8 for android libraries.  I haven't played with the linux x86 libs that are also shipped, but those might work for android, so long as they don't depend upon any system libs that might not exist (or are wrong version) in Android.

The key is you can't assume that all abi's are supported when working with the NDK.  This is why splits within the gradle setup are so important.

• Up0
  • Down0
nazneenshk30
Posted: Tue, 2018-06-19 23:03
In Android Studio, there's 4 different ways to get the ndk to build something. ... some problems when importing QSML in android studio. .... was take a "new project" created from Android Studio's 2.3.3's wizard with C++ support.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.