Forums - Crash on Snapdragon 801

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Crash on Snapdragon 801
ofri
Posted: Wed, 2017-02-01 05:19

Hi Guys,

I've included QSML to our code that executes a convolutional neural network on Android, and indeed we're seeing ~30% increase in performance compared to Eigen. Everything works well on new devices running Android 6+ but on Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0 (Snapdragon 801) QSML crashes (v0.15.2) with SIGFPE. We're using a single function from QSML, cblas_sgemm() and are using the sequential version with our own threading implementation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ofri

• Up0
  • Down0
mbadin (not verified)
Posted: Tue, 2017-02-07 13:23
Hi ofri,

Thank you for the question, I sent a direct message.  Also, to add some additional information:

Periodically changes are introduced into the NDK that appear to break the ABI.  For instance, applications compiled with NDKs older than r11 appear to be incompatible with projects that use version r11 of the NDK and newer.  This incompatibility usually manifests as an application crash.  My hunch is this is what we are seeing.  We test for this incompatibility internally and release compatible versions of QSML (in this case r10e for older NDK versions and r11 for newer), however, our releases tend to trail NDK releases.  If you are using a newer version of the NDK (r13+) and seeing this problem, please let us know.

Thank you,
Matthew
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.