Forums - Bug Report

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bug Report
timothy.shewcraft
Posted: Wed, 2021-05-19 07:02

I am attempting to compile sdm845-userdebug (android 10; SD LLVM 8.0.6) on host OS Ubuntu 20.04 Budgie DE.

I was able to get everything up and running, and it was compiling just fine.  I walked away from my computer and came back to a clang error:

clang++: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It also gave me two files (cpp and sh) to provide support, but I can't find anywhere to formally report a bug.  I can put all of it in here, but it is a few hundred thousand lines of code, and I can't upload files on this.  I would prefer to not go through the hassle of using a third party to transfer the files, but if that's what I have to do then that's what I have to do.  I just figured I'd ask first if there is an easier way to report bugs.

The last point I saw it was at 50(something)%, and based on the time it spit out it ran for another 30ish minutes.  All the way to the top of my scrolling history are these 

arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sdm845-v2.1.dtb: Warning (simple_bus_reg): Node /soc/rpmh-regulator-ldoa9 missing or empty reg/ranges property

If anyone is familiar with best practice for reporting bugs, please let me know

• Up0
  • Down0
pstrong
Posted: Wed, 2021-05-19 11:24

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for reporting this issue.  For crashes like this, please put the two files into github or a similar site and share with us.

Also, please share the full clang++ command line from the build log file that caused the segmentation fault.

We will analyze/repeat the issue and get back to you with our findings.

Thanks, Paul

• Up0
  • Down0
timothy.shewcraft
Posted: Wed, 2021-05-19 15:10

If it will beneficial for you, I can still sharte the files and command; however, after a bit more review I found where I went wrong and was able to correct the issue.  My build finished successfully about 20 minutes ago.

The issue was that in my SDCLANG_CONFIG file (I titled it sdclang.json), I had included the following:

"SDCLANG_FLAGS" : "-O3 -fvectorize-loops",

"SDCLANG_FLAGS_2" : "-O3 -fvectorize-loops"

I changed it to:

"SDCLANG_FLAGS" : "",
        "SDCLANG_FLAGS_2" :  ""

And it worked like a charm

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.