Forums - COMPILATION TOOL CHAIN SETUP FOR MSM8996 CHIP CODE

1 post / 0 new
COMPILATION TOOL CHAIN SETUP FOR MSM8996 CHIP CODE
prabin
Posted: Wed, 2016-08-10 00:24

Hi All,

I'm working on MSM8996 based custom board. For that I need to compile chipset specific core binaries. Right now Im compiling XBL(Extended Boot Loader), In android porting documents it says that we need snap dragon LLVM compiler version 3.5.2.1 and python 2.7.5 Only .I have same version of both. But Im getting error in compiling time, It tell that it need linaro aarch64-none-elf-gcc too, why it taking this linaro tool chain also, do we need to export  linaro tool chain also.

I dont have correct method/steps to compile XBL

Any information on this, will be helpfull for me.

Thanks In advance

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.