Forums - Has DSP support for S820am (ie. DSP V60) been completely dropped?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Has DSP support for S820am (ie. DSP V60) been completely dropped?
bkaraban
Posted: Mon, 2021-03-01 02:01

Starting with v1.42.0, the SNPE SDK doesn't include the V60 DSP libs, does this mean that V60 hardware is stuck forever with SNPE v1.41.0? Or is there another way to enable support for older hardware?

• Up0
  • Down0
bkaraban
Posted: Wed, 2021-03-24 09:10

Could someone from Qualcomm confirm this? Whether the support has been dropped or it's possible to make run new versions on older hardware, it might be really helpful to document it somewhere.

Thanks,

• Up0
  • Down0
edisonkeith4
Posted: Fri, 2021-04-02 10:29

v60 Dsp Support has been Dropped . ?

• Up0
  • Down0
bkaraban
Posted: Tue, 2021-04-06 01:11

Considering that:

- I can't use the DSP runtime with any SDK starting with  v1.42.0 on my S820Am board, which includes an Hexagon 680 DSP which supports the V60 instruction set (see this thread for all the details: https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/qualcomm-neural...). SDKs priori this one work fine on this board.

- Looking at the revision history (here: https://developer.qualcomm.com/docs/snpe/revision_history.html), "Removed V60 DSP libs from SNPE SDK." is listed under version 1.42.0.

- Indeed, starting with v1.42.0, the SDL libs/dsp folder contains less files than prior SDKs.

I think the support for V60 has been indeed dropped. I don't see any way for old DSPs to run the new SDK but I'd like Qualcomm to confirm it.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.