Forums - debugging eMBMS

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
debugging eMBMS
menno.bot
Posted: Wed, 2018-03-28 06:59

Hi,

I've got a rooted Google Pixel onto which I've installed the eMBMS middleware MSDC 4.2, the configs for our test network and the MSDC_UI as test app. Unfortunately the UI doesn't show any services when the network is broadcasting.

The network is broadcasting eMBMS which I can receive on another device with another vendor middleware and testapp. So network side I guess it's all OK.

The Google pixel runs Android 8.1, I am unclear if that could be an issue, as the documentation mentions older releases? Could you clarify if Android 8.1 will work?

Concerning logs very little is produced in the Android log (adb logcat). Is there any way to increase the log level or are the specific logfiles stored on the system? The documentation mentions debug_params.xml but no example/explanation is given on how to format this file. The documentation mentions loglevels.xml for none-rooted phones (and my phone is rooted), also here no explanation how to use this.

How can I get more logs / debug information from the system (embms middleware and perhaps UI)?

Best Regards,

Menno Bot

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2018-03-28 10:56

Dear Customer,

Please open a Salesforce case as debug or loglevel files cant be shared in public forums.

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.