Forums - eMBMS Middleware compatible with Amarisoft

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
eMBMS Middleware compatible with Amarisoft
omareltobgy
Posted: Fri, 2018-03-09 11:03

Hi, 

I want to develop an Android application that receives multicast data sent from a server that I developed. 

My server is a normal python server and I am using Amarisoft LTE 100 for the LTE network and eMBMS support.

My problem is in the UE device having an eMBMS middleware. I read a lot of posts saying that I should contact the OEM or carrier to get adevice with MSDC middleware installed. However, I don't know exactly who should i contact and what should i tell them. For example, Is it possible that i send email to samsung and ask for a device with middleware and what email should i use if samsung is the example ? 

Would you please help me with this issue ? Thanks in Advance!

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2018-03-09 16:14

Dear Customer,

Any of the devices with Qualcomm chipset on Verizon or RJIL networks have embms enabled by default.

You could also use Pixel 2016/2017 devices, as they have eMBMS enabled and Middleware available for select MCC/MNC.

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
omareltobgy
Posted: Mon, 2018-03-12 10:35

Thanks for your reply!

Would you please tell us what select MCC/MNC for pixel has mbms middleware ? 

And if we should contact google about this issue, how can we do this for this specialized question ? 

• Up0
  • Down0
omareltobgy
Posted: Mon, 2018-03-12 10:42

Also, I am worried concerning Verizon because of this post
https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/lte-broadcast-s...

So, Would you please tell me if the Qualcomm LTE Broadcast SDK is compatible with Verizon eMBMS middleware ? 

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2018-03-13 16:28

For developing application on verizon broadcast the SDK should be obtained from Verizon.

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2018-03-13 16:29

Please contact Google for the MCC/MNC for which the eMBMS Middleware is enabled.

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.