Forums - LTE Broadcast middleware

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
LTE Broadcast middleware
vankien.nguyen
Posted: Wed, 2016-09-21 04:44

Dear, 

I am looking for LTE Broadcast middleware , could you give me the name and how to download it ? 

Many thanks

Kenny

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2016-09-21 09:55

Hello Kenny,

The middleware is released to OEMs. Are you representing any OEM?

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
vankien.nguyen
Posted: Wed, 2016-09-21 23:29

Hi AnkitK

Actually, I am studying at Queensland University of Technology (Australia), my major is Telecommunication. 

I am doing a project related to LTE Broadcast. 

This study aim is to evaludate the posibility of transimt   RTCM (GNSS) file by using LTE Broadcast. 

I am trying to find out the Middleware on UE as well as the LTE broadcast eMBMS , try to understand and develop a tools to answer my project question . 

unfortunately, I couldn't find any LTE Broadcast simulation labs or eMBMS virtual ... except Qualcomm LTE Broadcast SDK. 

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-22 10:22

Dear Kenny,

Currently the QC middleware is available on devices on VZW (USA) and RJIL (India) networks. I would recommend obtaining one of these devices.

I would recommend you to use Test Euipment vendors like R&S for eMBMS environment. You could look for their local test labs or check with them on the availability in your area.

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
afoteas
Posted: Tue, 2017-07-18 10:38

Hi Ankit,
I am a bit confused with the embms middleware.  I have started working for a 5G project and I am trying to understand to embms functionality. We are using the AMARI LTE 100 software suite from amarisoft witch supports the embms. I am trying to install into my UE device (samsung galaxy note 3) the MSDC_SAMPLE_APP so as to receive the brodcasted streams. So far i am trying only to change the mpd_uri at the "streaming_start_stop_service_stub_config.xml" and set a broadcast IP, but with no sucess. I have the following questions. 1) this app is enough in order to test embms? or i need to install another "embms middleware" 2) Is samsung galaxy note 3 a supporded device? or how could I find supporded devices?
Thank you in advance for your time.
Andreas

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2017-07-20 17:24

Hi Andres,

1. You will need a middleware installed on the device.

2. You will have to check with Samsung if this device supports eMBMS.

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
heshan.yang
Posted: Mon, 2017-09-11 02:49
Dear Ankit,
             Chipset: MSM8953

We will develop the application of  the embms function on msm8953 chipset,  
         Does the LTE Broadcast middleware provide the control plane of the eMBMS,  and  APP develops the media plane of the eMBMS.
         Because we want to implement the RTP steaming function.

Thanks

maxima yang
  • Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2017-09-11 11:07

Hello Maxima,

Yes, QC middleware acts like a control plane.

The support for RTP is not enabled yet in QC middleware.

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
heshan.yang
Posted: Mon, 2017-09-11 17:57

Hello Ankit,

If the APP uses  the QC middleware to do the control plane and uses RTP of the Android Multimedia framework to do the media plane.

Do you think it can work?

Thank you!

Maxima

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2017-09-13 10:38

Hello Maxima,

That wont work with current version of QC middleware.

The current version only supports DASH.

In the upcoming version you will be able to use RTP.

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.