Forums - Does the version 3.6 of LTE-broadcast SDK support RTP?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does the version 3.6 of LTE-broadcast SDK support RTP?
xiaojun.zhao
Posted: Mon, 2016-07-25 00:02

Hi,All!

Does the version 3.6 of LTE-broadcast SDK support RTP?

If not yet, can I get the roadmap of it?

Thanks a lot.

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2016-07-27 15:37

Dear Customer,

We do not have a plan to support RTP in our Middleware Solution.

Do you have a requirement from any Carrier to suport RTP?

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
xiaojun.zhao
Posted: Thu, 2016-07-28 18:08

Thanks for your reply.

Another question, does Qualcomm's LTE MODEM support RTP?

I want to know if it is just only the middleware not support RTP, or  Qualcomm's LTE MODEM also not support RTP?

And as what I know, RTP is the requirement of Public Safty LTE. It's incredible that Qualcomm does not support it. 

It is said that CMCC is planning about PS-LTE test.

BR.

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2016-07-29 15:40

Dear Customer,

RTP is not supported in the Modem. RTP is a multimedia streaming protocol and is supported in Android Multimedia framework which runs on Snapdragon platform. Note that RTP has been supported in Android Multimedia Framework from a very long time and used by Android Applications using MediaPlayer APIs. Please refer Android developer documentation for more information.

Please refer 3GPP TS 23.468 for the architecture of GCSE_LTE which is the architecture used/leveraged for PS_LTE over eMBMS. eMBMS technology is used as a pure transport and all the application service functions(including RTP, Service Discovery, etc.,) are expected to be handled at GCSE Application Server(in the network) and GCSE Application(at the UE).

Per 3GPP standards, QC Middleware will support Group Communication Service transport delivery method to manage the eMBMS bearers. QC Middleware will provide Application Interface(I-1 API) to manage these GCSE eMBMS bearers. The user plane functions(RTP, Service Discovery etc.,) are expected to be handled at the public safety application using either native Android RTP or embedded RTP in the Application.

QC middleware plan to support the updated I-1 API is tentative Q2 2017.

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
xiaojun.zhao
Posted: Sun, 2016-07-31 19:07

Got it. Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.