Forums - snapdragon-821 4k video dec/enc hw examples

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
snapdragon-821 4k video dec/enc hw examples
aclegg2011
Posted: Tue, 2017-06-27 15:56
4K HEVC video (Decode: 60 fps,
10-bit. Encode: 30 fps)

Is there examples of ways for me to take advantage of the hardware decoders on my device?
  • Up0
  • Down0
SmittyHalibut
Posted: Mon, 2022-02-07 10:47

Greetings QDN user from 4.5 years ago!  Did you ever get this figured out?

I'm trying to do H.265/HEVC encode on a ModalAI VOXL which has a Snapdragon 821, and ModalAI says their encoders only do H.264 right now: https://forum.modalai.com/topic/712/streaming-h-265-hevc-from-hires-came...

If the Snapdragon 821 has H.265 encode support, I'd consider trying to implement the glue logic myself.  But I'm just getting started down this path myself, trying to see what prior art already exists.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.