Forums - Hexagon-sim Performance

1 post / 0 new
Hexagon-sim Performance
kouzmenk
Posted: Sat, 2020-11-21 19:02

Hello,

I have a question about the performance of Hexagon-sim. I am running a benchmark in hexagon-sim provided in hexagon SDK v3.5.2, and the benchmark seems to be running 20000 - 35000 times slower than on my host machine with --timing enabled. Is this normal or am I doing something very wrong?

Extra info:
This is for an academic research project studying the performance of software pipelining in LLVM (hexagon is the only platform where the feature is enabled).
Running the simulation on a laptop with Linux and an i7-7700HQ. The benchmark runs on my host machine in 0.173s, simulation takes an hour and one minute. Second benchmark runs on my host machine in 0.136s, simulation takes an hour and 23 minutes. 

Since I am trying to count cycles, I do need the --timing feature enabled. 

Thanks,
Arseniy.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.