Forums - Is it possible to run GoogleTest-based unit-test with Hexagon SDK?

1 post / 0 new
Is it possible to run GoogleTest-based unit-test with Hexagon SDK?
v.eremeev
Posted: Thu, 2020-09-17 03:52

My application contains several libraries and a test suite based on GoogleTest that I successfully run on Windows, Linux and Android.

Hexagon-clang cannot compile gtest library, because of limited support for the standard library. 

However, it successfully compiles other libraries, that are part of my application.

While studying examples in Hexagon SDK 3.5.2 I've found example SemiHostedFunction. It creates ELF executable with hexagon-clang, then it creates DLL with MSVC, then runs hexagon-sim with these two files.

It seems to me that this example demonstrates a way to go for me. Is it right?

Is it possible to develop an additional test suite that would run on x86 (Windows or Linux), load .so files produced by hexagon-clang from my libraries, submit them to hexagon-sim, retrieve and check results?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.