Forums - hexagon-ar.exe

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
hexagon-ar.exe
swaroop
Posted: Mon, 2016-05-30 18:59
Hello,

I am getting this error when I try to build Hexagon module for calculator. This is using Hexagon SDK 3.0 and Hexagon tools 7.2.12.

C:\Qualcomm\Hexagon_SDK\3.0\examples\common\calculator>make tree V=hexagon_Debug_dynamic
making ../../../libs/common/atomic
make[1]: *** [hexagon_Debug_dynamic/atomic.a] Error -1073741701
ERROR making ../../../libs/common/atomic
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.0/libs/common/atomic'
"C:/Qualcomm/HEXAGON_Tools/7.2.12/Tools/bin/hexagon-ar"  -rsc -D hexagon_Debug_dynamic/atomic.a hexagon_Debug_dynamic/atomic.o hexagon_Debug_dynamic/cae.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.0/libs/common/atomic'
make: *** [MAKE_D_2_LIBDIR_MAKE_D_2_LIBDIR] Error 1

I also get this windows error dialog http://postimg.org/image/dkob6hcu3/

Thanks
  • Up0
  • Down0
chenna
Posted: Tue, 2016-05-31 22:29

Are you running on windows 8 or 10

Hexagon Tools 7.2.12 are not officially supported on windows 8 and 10

• Up0
  • Down0
swaroop
Posted: Wed, 2016-06-01 11:07

Thanks for the reply. I am running it on windows 10. It worked with Hexagon 2.0 and Hexagon Tools 6.4.03. So, should I work on Windows 7 then?

• Up0
  • Down0
chenna
Posted: Sun, 2016-06-05 22:16

the problem is with 7.x hexagon-ar.exe on windows 8 and 10.  SDK 3.0 uses 7.x tools, So you should use windows 7 to avoid this hexagon-ar.exe crash

• Up0
  • Down0
bmaj7
Posted: Wed, 2018-02-28 05:25

...and several years later this problem continues.

Running build script for openssc_5.0 as suggested in the user guide fails with 4 pop-up messages "hexagon-ar. has stopped working". Attaching a debugger reveals an access violation (msvcr120.dll).

Error in Logfile shows that this happens during archieving:

=== Archiving  C:\Qualcomm\Snapdragon_SCEP.GEN5.0_OpenSSC_5\slpi_proc\core\systemdrivers\timetick\build\ssc_slpi_user\qdsp6\AAAAAAAA\uTimetick.lib
scons: *** [C:\Qualcomm\Snapdragon_SCEP.GEN5.0_OpenSSC_5\slpi_proc\core\systemdrivers\clock\build\ssc_slpi_user\qdsp6\AAAAAAAA\hw\msm8996\build\ssc_slpi_user\qdsp6\AAAAAAAA\ClockIsland.lib] Error -1073741819

Running hexagon-ar.exe in compatibility mode for Win 7 or Vista does not help. Anyone with a solution? I hardly can switch my company development PCs back to Win7.

Not really the greatest tools I have ever seen :-s

• Up0
  • Down0
bmaj7
Posted: Mon, 2018-03-05 02:34

In case someone is still facing issues with hexagon-ar.exe in recent Windows Versions, here is how to fix it:

1. Download the MinGW
2. Rename the hexagon-ar.exe to _hexagon-ar.exe in the hexagon tools/bin folder (or delete it)
3. Copy the C:\MinGW\bin\ar.exe utility to the hexagon Tools\bin\ and rename it to hexagon-ar.exe

• Up0
  • Down0
Patrik Berglund
Posted: Mon, 2018-03-12 02:54

As mention you can use a different ar.

However, if you use the one from MinGW I do not think it can handle the object files if you emit bitcode.

As I have a need for ar supporting LLVM bitcode I downloaded and compiled LLVM myself (Hexagon support is in mainline) and copied the ar binary from that build (so still using the "offical build" for the rest of the toolchain.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.