Forums - Hexagon HVX DSP on APQ8009 / wear 2100?

1 post / 0 new
Hexagon HVX DSP on APQ8009 / wear 2100?
jehrl
Posted: Tue, 2017-10-17 11:49

Dear Qualcomm,

Does the DSP on the Snapdragon Wear 2100 / aka APQ8009w support HVX? I.e., can the Hexagon DSP SDK be used with this chip?
I am finding contradicting information on this topic. After some reading, I am very confused whether the DSP on the snapdragon wear 2100 is programmable by the user at all.

- While Intrinsyc claim "[t]he Snapdragon® Wear 2100 processor’s sensor core software uses the Hexagon DSP core to interface with the sensors", Qualcomm specify the DSP on this chip as "modem DSP" in its datasheet compared to, e.g., the snapdragon 210 where they explicitly say "Hexagon DSP".
- From other sources, I understood that Qualcomm distinguishes application DSP (aDSP) and modem DSP (mDSP). They say that only aDSP used to be programmable by the user whilst mDSP used to be programmed by Qualcomm exclusively (which would mean the 2100's DSP cannot be programmed by the user).

- However, according to recent versions of the Hexagon DSP SDK, the user can now program both aDSP and mDSP, which would eventually mean that there is a chance to program the wear 2100's DSP.

What is the bottom line here?

I am very grateful for your advice.

Best regards,

Jakob

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.