Forums - OpenCV & FastCV

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
OpenCV & FastCV
Amine.RH
Posted: Wed, 2018-04-25 14:53
 Hi all,
I have one openCV program and i want to compile it using Hexagon SDK . Is it possible? if possible then how can i do it. what is the changes needed for it to working it. And also i want to add or replace opencv API by fastcv API so that my program run on DSP. Suggest me if possible and also give some other way so that i can run my CV application in DSP.I have one openCV program and i want to compile it using Hexagon SDK .Is it possible? if possible then how can i do it. what is the changes needed for it to working it. And also i want to add or replace opencv API by fastcv API so that my program run on DSP. Suggest me if possible and also give some other way so that i can run my CV application in DSP.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Amine

• Up0
  • Down0
jeff4s Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2018-04-25 16:05

Hi,

You cannot call into OpenCV library from Hexagon SDK, because OpenCV hasn't been ported to Hexagon DSP. However if you have your own implementation of algorithms or use FastCV you can leverage Hexagon DSP.

Please post questions to https://developer.qualcomm.com/forums/software/hexagon-dsp-sdk related to Hexagon SDK.

Cheers,

-Jeff

• Up0
  • Down0
Amine.RH
Posted: Thu, 2018-04-26 03:33

tank you for your answer

can OpenCV work in GPU or CPU of the Snapdragon??

Cheers,

Amine

• Up0
  • Down0
jeff4s Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2018-04-26 10:12

OpenCV can run on Snapdragon CPU, but it's not tested on GPU so there's no guarantee.

• Up0
  • Down0
Amine.RH
Posted: Thu, 2018-04-26 12:24

tank you for your answer

if you want to explain me how i can run the openCV program on the CPU.or a tutorial.

Cheers,

Amine

• Up0
  • Down0
spylyt
Posted: Thu, 2020-12-17 21:47

Is there any update for this QA? How can i run my CV application in GPU with opencl.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.