Forums - Click Sdk for linux remote

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Click Sdk for linux remote
mathias
Posted: Thu, 2017-03-09 15:22

Allplay Click SDK for Linux

Home Assistant a linux based home automation system is coming up.

Sonos and Bose as well as Kodi and several other media players are allready supported.

Allplay sadly isn't as you only have sdks for android and ios but not for linux.

It would be great to be able to program an allplay remote in home assistant for commercial allplay speakers.

Several people would highly apreaciate that!

• Up1
  • Down0
mathias
Posted: Mon, 2017-04-10 05:58

One month since my post.

Some feedback would be highly apreachiated.

So besides the aforementioned, Chromecast is integrated and Spotify Connect is public now as well and will be integrated in Home Assistant with the next update. Allplay is still missing.

Is Quallcomm at all interested in customer support?

I am quite disappointed...

When I bought my Allplay Speakers you promoted to be interoperable, promoting high potential compared to closed Sonos or Apples Airplay. Now it seem as if Allplay is the only system that is closed up. I cannot understand this at all...

With regards

Mathias

• Up1
  • Down0
daniel.tai Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2017-04-10 08:42

Hi Mathias,

Sorry for the late response.  As you may have heard, AllPlay team transitioned to a different Qualcomm entity, and as different entity have different priorities, and AllPlay got pushed back.  The development of SDK/firmware for AllPlay are still happening, but for SDK, we are legally blocked.  

We have not explored Home Assistant yet, but are working towards Alexa and Google Assistant.  The market for these are way bigger than Home Assistant.  I will pitch Home Assistant to management and see what they think.  I feel management may decide to make Alexa or Google Assistant a priority.  Engineering resources are also limited (AllPlay is always a very small team).

Thanks

Daniel

• Up0
  • Down0
mathias
Posted: Tue, 2017-04-11 10:11
Hi Daniel, Thank you for your informative answer! Nice to here that alexa and Google home support are in development. I am pretty sure this will bring allplay visibility higher up. Concerning number of home assistant compared to echo and Google users you are of course very right. Concerning home automation there are for sure other candidates as well interested. Open Hab Kodi I.e. The hole allplay sdk should also not be necessary. I am not thinking of building an open source allplay based speaker. A Simple little API with remote commands for volume, start, stop, play, grouping of speakers and start Playlists/folders/files would be fine, as everything else is handled by the speakers anyway I suppose. This way everybody would be able to control their speakers as they like. Involving the open source community this way would be beneficial for everybody I suppose All the best Mathias
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.