Forums - Smart home integration. Alexa Skill

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Smart home integration. Alexa Skill
mathias
Posted: Thu, 2017-02-02 22:35
Hello everybody. Since Sonos is cooperating now with Amazon for alexa integration, and I read about a monster allplay speaker with alexa integrated I was wondering whether it's planned to add an alexa Skill for allplay in general or if a cooperation is planned. I think this would bring visibility of the allplay protocol to a hole new level. Cheers Mat
  • Up0
  • Down0
Denys-SKI
Posted: Tue, 2017-02-07 09:21

Hi Mat, we are checking the integration and hope we can start ASAP. Rgds, Denys

• Up0
  • Down0
mathias
Posted: Wed, 2017-02-15 03:37

Hey Denys.

Nice! Looking forward!

Does integration mean in this case based on allplay firmware or based on an Alexa Skill.

Will this be available for all Allplay Speakers on the market or for new ones only?

I use two Panasonic All1 and two All8.

Keep us posted please.

Cheers Mat

• Up0
  • Down0
mathias
Posted: Thu, 2017-03-09 15:12

Any news on the topic? Was wondering whether your higly awaited allplay skill will also support commands to play spotify songs as well.

I hardly get feedback from spotify or Amazon whether they will make that possible.

Looking forward!

• Up0
  • Down0
mathias
Posted: Fri, 2017-06-09 09:09

Please delete (double post)

• Up0
  • Down0
mathias
Posted: Fri, 2017-06-09 09:09

Hey Allplay team.

It's been 3 months again ;-)

An update concerning Alexa Support would be awesome.

If you need beta testers I'd be in.

Will we be able to appreciate Alexa support in 2017?

With regards

Mathias

• Up0
  • Down0
daniel.tai Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2017-06-15 09:33

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for your inquiry.  Denys has a working demo of Alexa support, but I do not know when his products will hit the market.  Unfortunately, there are no plans to have Alexa support on the existing models.  However, yesterday, Qualcomm announced that AllPlay will be a smart network audio platform.  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/qualcomm-announces-highly-flexible-smart-...

Alexa support will be in the newer models with more powerful chipset

Thanks

Daniel

• Up0
  • Down0
mathias
Posted: Fri, 2017-06-16 06:09

Hello Daniel,

thank you for the update. That Alexa integrated allplay speakers are coming is nice, but for me not really surprising, as Monster announced that already in March to come.

Does that mean there will be no Allplay Skill for Amazon Echo? Only Alexa integrated speakers?

Wouldn't this be a nice way to support the Alexa experience for older devices as well?

I use 2 Amazon Echo dots for Voice commands and use 3 Panasonic All8 and two All1 for multiroom audio.

This would mean that all my Allplay equipment is outdated?

This is pretty bad, as it is just 1 year old :-(

What does the smart network platform mean and Linux/Android Things.

Will there be a way to control allplay speakers other than via Android/iOS Apps, maybe via API calls?

Will that be possible also with old devices or just with the new ones?

Actually the only thing we would need is the possibility to control the speakers on Linux.

I use an linux based Home Automation platform (see my other post).

It would be nice to get more info because I would prefer to know whether it makes sense to stick to allplay or to change my plan, as the user experience with the Android app is not really satisfactory on the long run!

• Up0
  • Down0
Pinball Wizard
Posted: Tue, 2017-06-27 14:49

The obvious question from me is, will the new devices interoperate fully with the old and now seemingly abandoned smart media platform??

If they don't, Qualcomm have a huge uphill struggle on their hands by shafting existing owners and developers.

I have no problems with new devices offering new functionality and would be willing to expand my home network with such a decide if it supported Google home, but it would have to work seamlessly with existing devices, and working as a new gateway onto an existing network (much like the Bluetooth and line in restreaming was added to gen2 devices)

In short, will the new platform EXTEND existing capabilities without sacrifice?

• Up0
  • Down0
Denys-SKI
Posted: Tue, 2017-06-27 19:42

Dear All,

The Skill and SW brick for existing devices are available for brands who are interested. We cannot update their devices for them. If want to add functionalities to existing devices, please ask to the brand who sold you the product to contact us

Best Regards, DENYS

• Up0
  • Down0
Pinball Wizard
Posted: Tue, 2017-06-27 22:51

That wasn't really the question. The questions are:

Will a new device interoperate fully on an existing network, a mixed environment? If the answer is yes, then followup answer (for bonus points) Will an app built with allplay SDK work in a mixed environment of old and new devices?

• Up0
  • Down0
mathias
Posted: Sat, 2017-07-01 04:39
Hi Denys, thank you for the feedback even though it did lead in my case to more questions than answers. You mention a skill to implement in old speakers. What is this for? To be able to control via alexa inegrated speakers or via amazon echo google home directly? Will this skill lead to a, cloud based control mechanism? A remote control skill on echo/home based on the allplay sdk is.not possible?
  • Up0
  • Down0
Pinball Wizard
Posted: Fri, 2017-07-14 15:17

Re-read the link, and spotted a read more link, where all the juicy details are buried, I guess the key points for me are:

• Support for the Google Assistant (available later this year) 
  • Support for Android Things along with Google Cast for Audio (available later this year) 
  • AllPlay networked audio solution, comprehensively interoperable with existing and future AllPlay ecosystem products

these 3 items are very important and intetesting. Particularly AndroidThings.

• Up0
  • Down0
mathias
Posted: Mon, 2017-08-07 05:44

Just to be sure, will Google Cast and Android things like Alexa/Google Assistant support also be limited to new speakers, or can/will this be implemented in current speakers too? If no just switching to google home might be the solution for me. I still have hope that there will be a future for my 3 Panasonic All8 and two All1 :-/

Have you been contacted recently by Hardware producers concerning these questions?

I have been in contact with Panasonic concering future Firmware Updates, and my questions have been forwarded to the developers however the conversation tends to be more or less a oneway street.

• Up0
  • Down0
Pinball Wizard
Posted: Sun, 2017-09-10 13:57

Another few months of silence.

How can Qualcomm expect consumers or developers to care about their platform, if the message that is given is that Qualcomm themselves don't care???

• Up0
  • Down0
Denys-SKI
Posted: Tue, 2017-10-31 00:36

Hello,

AllPlay Alexa Skill is now certified and on-line.  The service is available for any brand which want to integrate in their AllPlay speaker. Please contact Skideev CEO.

• Up0
  • Down0
Pinball Wizard
Posted: Tue, 2017-10-31 09:09

Google Home integration?

• Up0
  • Down0
leighj.dawkins
Posted: Thu, 2017-11-02 01:46
Will you be going out to the big players like Panasonic, try integrating with existing hardware like sonos have done?
  • Up0
  • Down0
davew
Posted: Sun, 2018-01-21 04:16

Can this be released to thhe UK Alexa skills store please.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.