Forums - Google Music and Allplay

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Google Music and Allplay
Pinball Wizard
Posted: Sat, 2017-01-14 04:30

Looking at how I can get Google Music workin on my allplay speakers. 

I have discovered gmusicproxy project, which can work as a gateway, and provide a M3U playlist of internet streams.  however I have been unable to sent them to my allplay device and get them to play.

The webserver is giving back a playlist like this:

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:207,Halestorm - Sick Individual
#EXTINF:224,Green Day - Still Breathing
#EXTINF:180,Bill Hicks - Satan Starmaker
#EXTINF:170,Tropical Contact - Hero Brigade
#EXTINF:402,Black Sabbath - You Won't Change Me
#EXTINF:176,Rancid - Born Frustrated
#EXTINF:365,Queens of the Stone Age - God Is on the Radio

Should I be able to feed allplay speaker with the URL that returns this playlist?  (and then programme the URL onto the speaker preset buttons  to get a randomised playlist each time)

I can see from the server logs, the speaker "has a go" at doing something, but it's not obvious what it's doing.

Also if it can accept this form of playlist, what the size limits (either file size or lines)?

• Up0
  • Down0
daniel.tai Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2017-01-16 09:22

Hi Mr Pinball Wizard,

AllPlay does take in m3u playlist url.  The issue may be how the URL is hosted.  Does gmusicproxy actually host the music as in downloads the music locally and have a server allowing the speaker stream it?  If so, then this should work.  If not, have you tried sending the URL instead of the m3u playlist url?

Thanks

Daniel

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.