Forums - AllPlay SDK with Ethernet cable

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
AllPlay SDK with Ethernet cable
siber93
Posted: Wed, 2016-12-07 07:33

Hi all,

i'm trying to develope an Allplay's app for a device powered by Android concted to the LAN by ETH cable. The problem is that this device connection is not recognised as Wifi and my app doesn't see any connection. My device is a rapberry.

Does anyone know if Allplay sdk library supports ETH connection via cable? For example by setting one flag/configuration into it.

I've also thought to emulate ETH connection as wifi on raspberry (Android) but i haven't found any information about it. 

Thank you in advance.

Simone.

• Up0
  • Down0
daniel.tai Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2016-12-09 09:05

Hi Simone,

I am sorry.  The current AllPlay SDK does not support Ethernet, as it is not a very common use case.  We are fighting with legal trying to get the SDK open sourced or find a licensor, while continue support with new features.  If it is open sourced, you can implement this feature on your end if we do not have it by then.

Thanks

Daniel

• Up1
  • Down0
siber93
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 00:49

i get it. Thank you again!

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.