Forums - Reduce size of libAllPlayControllerSDK.so

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reduce size of libAllPlayControllerSDK.so
Martin L.
Posted: Sat, 2015-11-21 06:14

With the latest update to ClickSDK 2.1, the libAllPlayControllerSDK.so-files grew alot in size and the libraries are even more heavier right now.

I'm not sure if I we're willing to publish an app with such big libraries to our users.

Can you please shrink the size of these SO-files, eg. by adding such lines to your toolchain?

LOCAL_CFLAGS += -Os -fvisibility=hidden -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall
LOCAL_LDFLAGS += -Wl,--gc-sections
  • Up1
  • Down0
daniel.tai Moderator
Posted: Sat, 2015-11-21 19:11

Hi Info29.

We've updated to a newer version of AllJoyn for stability and performance improvements so the library got bigger.  

We have the same LOCAL_CFLAGS and LOCAL_LDFLAGS for release mode, except for -Os.  Android NDK defaults to -O2, not -Os for size.  Let me work with the team and add this flag for our release builds.  

Thanks

Daniel

• Up1
  • Down0
Martin L.
Posted: Sun, 2015-11-22 03:13

Hello Daniel,

thanks for looking into this, I hope your team is able to reduce the library's size.

Best regards,

Martin

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.