Forums - Some openCL header files missing

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Some openCL header files missing
py0g3n1cs
Posted: Wed, 2021-11-10 11:39

I recently compiled the OpenCL-ICD-Loader (from the Khronos github, see bottom of post) using the generic Khronos headers (from the Khronos github, see bottom of post), however whenever I use said loader it gives a -1001 error code (CL_PLATFORM_NOT_FOUND_KHR) leading me to the conclusion that said headers may just not support the Adreno 650 my device utilises. I have obtained the appropriate headers from the Adreno SDK v5.0 only to find some files missing that are needed for the loader:  cl_icd.h, cl_egl.h and cl_layer.h. It just doesn't compile without them, I have tried filling in the listed files with the generic Khronos headers but it just gives errors upon compilation of the ICD-Loader. 

Edit: I am aware of the libOpenCL.so in the /system/vendor/lib directory of Android.

Excuse me if I may sound noobish, I don't really do this sort of stuff regularly.

Mark,

OpenCL-ICD-Loader I'm trying to compile:

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCL-ICD-Loader

Generic headers:

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCL-Headers/tree/master/CL

• Up0
  • Down0
py0g3n1cs
Posted: Thu, 2021-11-11 10:23

After doing some digging in the source code of both the generic headers and sdk headers, it seems that the sdk headers are allot older than the generic ones, as far as I can tell from the copy right (located at the top of the cl headers). This has led me to believe that the sdk headers and generic headers are far enough apart to be incompatible, along with a comparisson of source.

• Up0
  • Down0
py0g3n1cs
Posted: Fri, 2021-11-12 15:49
I managed to get the files to work with the generic headers, also found out that the problem wasn't with the headers at all. Although the -1001 error persists.
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.