Forums - Vulkan Snapshot Snapdragon Profiler Hangs

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vulkan Snapshot Snapdragon Profiler Hangs
paulo.gomes
Posted: Tue, 2020-10-20 20:07

Snapdradon Profiler (v2020.3.0.9242020) hangs when capturing a snapshot from a Vulkan application.

Application: Draw Cube from https://github.com/LunarG/VulkanSamples/tree/v1.2.141
Device: S20
Model: SM-G981U
Development OS: Windows 10

Steps:
* Added the following permissions to the app's manifest:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"
* Connect to a Device
* Launch Application
* Select Application
* Take Snapshot
* Profiler gets stuck on "Retrieving Snapshot". The message "Working On: Preparing snapshot. Device may freeze temporarily." always showing. Application stills shows on phone.

I made sure not launch Android Studio in the same session.

• Up0
  • Down0
paulo.gomes
Posted: Wed, 2020-10-21 17:03

I got a snapshot for Hello Triangle https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Samples , but am unclear on what is different about these two apps that made the profiler work.

• Up0
  • Down0
paulo.gomes
Posted: Fri, 2020-10-30 16:31

I suspect this is related to the fact that the draw cube only renders once. Is there a way in Snapdragon Profiler to queue up the capture of a snapshot like Renderdoc allows?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.