Forums - Screen Tearing on Vulkan

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Screen Tearing on Vulkan
eddienguyencowell
Posted: Wed, 2019-10-16 04:16

Hi

We implemented Vulkan in our game. And now it has a big problem.

When I slided down the status bar of Android, our game will be tearing, even I pluged the usb cable.

I tried Android 8.0 (SONY XZP, 1.0.49 V@251) and Android 8.1 (Pixel, 1.0.49 V@258).

So what i should to do ?

It has the same problem at Vulkan API Test on 3DMark.

Eddie

• Up0
  • Down0
AndreyVK_D3D
Profile picture
Posted: Sun, 2020-07-12 13:46

Try to update Android OS. The old Adreno drivers drivers has problem with Vulkan.

• Up0
  • Down0
aminja.bari242
Posted: Fri, 2022-10-07 05:04

How to win fight between me ans screen tearing in vulkan engine games (doom, wolfenstein, rage 2, etc)
My monitor is 1440p 60hz. Tearing dissapeared only if i turn on VSync. But i can feel increased input lag.
Borderless window mode does not solve problem completely.

https://www.facetimeapps.org/

• Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Tue, 2022-11-29 23:03

Dear Customer

This looks reasonable, enable VSync can solve the tearing issue, but introduce observable input lag.

It is a tradeoff.

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.