Forums - [Vulkan][A540] compute shader fails to read uniform buffer

1 post / 0 new
[Vulkan][A540] compute shader fails to read uniform buffer
norrischiu
Posted: Sun, 2018-04-01 23:44

I have a set up of renderer that records dispatch calls in a secondary command buffer and executes it in the primary command buffer. The result on the screen and frame debugger show that the uniform buffer cannot be read. However:

* storage buffer CAN be read normally

* debugger (Nvidia's Tegra graphics debugger) CAN read the uniform buffer

More info:

* There are 2 uniform buffer bound, one with 12 uint and 2 uvec4, the other with 1 ivec4 and 1 mat4

* device info: Pixel 2, Android 8.1, built with NDK android-24

* gpu info:

QUALCOMM build             : 594927b, I916dfac403
Build Date                             : 10/11/17
Shader Compiler Version : EV031.21.02.02
Local Branch                        : mybranch28618966
Remote Branch                   : quic/gfx-adreno.lnx.6.4.9-rel

I believe there are so many possibilities on why this happens so I decided to start with confirming the driver actually works fine. Please let me know if more information is needed.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.