Forums - Adreno(TM)505 and Depth/stencil texture mode with GL ES 3.0

1 post / 0 new
Adreno(TM)505 and Depth/stencil texture mode with GL ES 3.0
Posted: Sun, 2018-01-28 22:03

Hi,

I'm experiencing an error on Adreno(TM)505 when using Depth/stencil texture mode using GL ES 3.0 on Android 7.1.1 and  Adreno (TM) 530 on Android 7.0. I've observed the behaviour specifically on the both Mali and PVR chips,and none of them were found problems in such situation.

here is the description:

About the code , I compared the offical demo with my algorithm,finding that the offical code used twice FBO on theDepth/stencil texture mode while i just use one FBO to render.The difference makes me a error. when the game scene moves,the second texture is what I want.A delay apperared  in the depth buffer by one FBO.

The specific version of the Adreno driver  causing error :

Vendor:     Qualcomm
Renderer:Adreno(TM)505
Version:     OpenGL ES 3.2 [email protected] (GIT@123cc4685e6)

Vendor:     Qualcomm
Renderer:  Adreno (TM) 530
Version:     OpenGL ES 3.2 [email protected] (GIT@I3040c3198e)

Is this a known problem with the Adreno 505 or 530 series drivers? Or is there something required for using Depth/stencil texture mode in GL ES 3.0 that I'm missing?

waiting for every instruction.

thanks a lot.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.