Forums - Adreno 320 crash

1 post / 0 new
Adreno 320 crash
akioc
Posted: Tue, 2017-06-20 10:01

Hi,

I'm having a crash when running my app on a Nexus 5 device running Android 4.4. I get the following logs:

W/Adreno-GSL( 2397): <sharedmem_gpumem_alloc_id:1431>: sharedmem_gpumem_alloc: mmap failed errno 16 Device or resource busy
E/Adreno-GSL( 2397): <ioctl_kgsl_sharedmem_alloc:1532>: ioctl_kgsl_sharedmem_alloc: FATAL ERROR : (null)

If I update the device to Android 5.1 or use newer drivers the crash dissapears so I'm confident that is a driver issue. I was able to narrow down the crash to a vertex shader that is using the gl_VertexID variable. If I remove it from the shader the app doesn't crash anymore. Is this a know issue? I have tried a bunch of workarounds but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

My device info is:

I/Adreno-EGL( 9998): <qeglDrvAPI_eglInitialize:320>: EGL 1.4 QUALCOMM build:  (CL3776187)
I/Adreno-EGL( 9998): OpenGL ES Shader Compiler Version: 
I/Adreno-EGL( 9998): Build Date: 10/15/13 Tue
I/Adreno-EGL( 9998): Local Branch: 
I/Adreno-EGL( 9998): Remote Branch: partner/upstream
I/Adreno-EGL( 9998): Local Patches: 
I/Adreno-EGL( 9998): Reconstruct Branch: 

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.