Forums - Getting started with openCL on Adreno420 under linux

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Getting started with openCL on Adreno420 under linux
tt2005
Posted: Tue, 2017-04-04 14:50

I am looking to utilize openCL on a IFC6540 Board.  I plan to work in Ubuntu.  What is the proper starting point for installing the openCL components?

I have downloaded and installed the Qualcomm Adreno SDK (https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/adreno-gpu-sdk).  The associated web pages have references to openCL, but openCL did not seem to be part of the SDK.  Am I looking for openCL in all the wrong places?

I also tried installing the AMD SDK but it was (not unexpectedly) littered with x86 dependent components.

Is there a central starting point for openCL on Adreno/Linux?  Any help will be apprecited.

TD

• Up0
  • Down0
Rick Weyrauch
Posted: Tue, 2017-04-04 16:54

The lastest GPU SDK had the OpenCL headers/libraries removed.

You can get the OpenCL headers from the Khronos website.   For the OpenCL shared library, you will need to extract the binaries from your dev board (adb pull <path to>/libOpenCL.so)

You can either drop the headers/libraries into the correct API/ABI folder in the ndk-platform tree or better yet put the headers/libraries into your own project structure.

-rick

• Up0
  • Down0
tt2005
Posted: Mon, 2017-04-17 12:22

Thanks for the initial reply.

I now have code building and running.  When I execute clGetPlatformIDs() I do not get the expected reply.  reasonably sure it is due to the lack of appropriate entries in /etc/OpenCL/vendors.  How do I download/install/create the .icd files for the Adreno GPU?

• Up0
  • Down0
Rick Weyrauch
Posted: Tue, 2017-04-18 09:24

According to the Khronos ICD-loader source, the Android ICD files should be placed in '/system/vendor/Khronos/OpenCL/vendors' directory.  My dev board does not have such a directory.   So I am not sure where the loader is getting its platform information from.

-rick

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.