Forums - GPU Performance Messages

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
GPU Performance Messages
akioc
Posted: Mon, 2016-11-14 14:18

Hi,

I don't really know which forum is the correct one to ask this question, but this seems to be the one with the most traffic.

I'm getting some performance messages from the glDebugMessageCallback function and I don't really know what they mean:

"Source: Other, Type: Performance, Id: 2147483647, Severity: High, Message: FreeAllocationOnTimeStamp - WaitForTimestamp"

"Source: Other, Type: Performance, Id: 2147483647, Severity: High, Message: Packing allocations for resource 0x14"

"Source: Other, Type: Performance, Id: 2147483647, Severity: High, Message: Namespace collision detected, using slow path"

Anybody knows what these messages mean or point me into some document that describe the issues?

Thanks in advance,

Akio

• Up0
  • Down0
shadd
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-19 02:11

Hello,

In the same way,

I recieved this kind messages as below:
-- GL Debug output -- Source:Other Type:Performance ID:2147483647 Severity:High Message:Increasing bucketing allocation list size01
-- GL Debug output -- Source:Other
Type:Performance ID:2147483647 Severity:High Message:Packing allocations for resource 0x7c
-- GL Debug output -- Source:Other Type:Performance ID:2147483647 Severity:High Message:Increasing pending allocation list size

then several occurrences of:
-- GL Debug output -- Source:Other Type:Performance ID:2147483647 Severity:High Message:Tracking surface compression isn't performant when decompressing just for an app read
-- GL Debug output -- Source:Other Type:Performance ID:2147483647 Severity:High Message:Tracking surface compression isn't performant when decompressing just for an app read

I have no idea on the meaning of these messages

A documentation on it would be welcome.

Hardware:
Lenovo Phab2 Pro
OS Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652
CPU Octa-core (4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Adreno 510

Thanks in advance

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2017-01-18 07:02

Hi Akio...

Could you let us know what device model and OS build (from about screen) that you are using?

Are there additional logcat messages that reference the Adreno driver version?

thanks...

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2017-01-20 06:51

These messages are just informational and should be disregarded.  They should not be interpreted as a performance guage in any way.  Some of the messages have been disabled in more current driver versions.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.