Forums - Adreno sdk demo

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adreno sdk demo
hardik.prajapati
Posted: Fri, 2016-09-02 23:16

Hello everyone,

i am going to make one graphics related demo using adreno sdk in that i have to show something that makes gpu work,

i know games or application that uses gpu but how will i come to know that actually it using it.

generally whats happening, all task performed by our cpu and few call transfers to gpu but i could not get the usage of gpu , how can get the percentage usage of gpu ??

i have installed some application of openGL ES , opencl on my snapdragon 820 board and also gone through many profiler and monitor

(i.e. snapdragon profiler, adreno profiler) but didnt find anything that show me gpu usage.

what can be done and how we can see the gpu usage using adreno sdk ??

thanks in advance,

Hardik

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2016-09-06 07:52

You should be able to use Snapdragon Profiler to display GPU % utilization to show how busy the GPU is.  You can do this in the Snapdragon Profiler by creating a Realtime capture, selecting your app, and then selecting the GPU % Utilization metric.  There are several other GPU related metrics (GPU %bus busy, Clocks/sec,...) you can also graph in real time to show other aspects.

• Up0
  • Down0
hardik.prajapati
Posted: Sun, 2016-09-11 23:09

thanks for suggestion @mhfeldma and sorry for the late reply,

ok let me describe in brief , i am working on snapdragon820 which has adreno 520 gpu which is very efficient and more powerfull till now , and i have to make graphics demo using adreno sdk, so which api will be best among all graphics api to make that .

and how will i do that .. is there any base reference for the same ? i tried developer guide from sdk tool but i didnt find anything that makes work.

and now i am bit confused wht to do and how to make a graphics demo.

is there any other way to make demo using adreno sdk so it can use our adreno gpu and not much load on cpu.

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2016-09-16 06:52

I'm a bit unclear of your goals, but in general increasing the draw count, polygon count, texture sizes, and render resolutions will increase the GPU workload. 

• Up0
  • Down0
hardik.prajapati
Posted: Sun, 2016-09-18 21:36

ohhh thanks for that terms to increase the gpu workload,

thanks by the way for your help and time .

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.