Forums - Unable to load native library : while install and run vulkan sample apk to snapdragon 820

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unable to load native library : while install and run vulkan sample apk to snapdragon 820
hardik.prajapati
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-01 03:20

i installed vulkan , i made sample cube apk from android studio ,

but while i am install and run my apk to my snapdragon board which supports vulkan - studio fails to load the library,

and it says :  java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.qualcomm.vulkan.cube/android.app.NativeActivity}: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to load native library: /data/app/com.qualcomm.vulkan.cube-2/lib/arm/libvulkan-cube.so

and khronos registry also said that snapdragon 820 having adreno 530 supports vulkan but i couldnt see the libvulkan.so into /system/lib/

so i am confused and hard to say that whats wrong ..

thanks in advance.

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-01 07:09

Snapdragon 820 is capable of running Vulkan.  If libvulkan.so is not found in system/lib, then it's possible the build on your device may not have Vulkan support for some reason.  Can you confirm the exact hardware you are runnng on, and any Android build informaton (version #, date)...

• Up0
  • Down0
hardik.prajapati
Posted: Fri, 2016-09-02 02:58

thanks @mhfeldma for ur reply ,

actually i am using marshmallow on snapdragon820 having release tag LA.HB.1.3.2-16800-8x96.0 ,

and i pushed libvulkan.so manually in /system/lib/ so it should work , right !! but unforunately it didnt work.

and now i am getting different error too and that is  = E/vulkan: failed to load vulkan hal: No such file or directory (-2).

and while it starts to execute sample.cpp file , it failed to create even instance also =  bool VkSample::CreateInstance(): assertion "(!ret)" failed.

please help me to get rid of this .

any suggestion would be helpful.

• Up0
  • Down0
Alessandro
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2016-09-02 11:10

Use a 3rd party tool to check if your device really has Vulkan support, like AIDA64 app, available at Google Play Store.

Once Vulkan is confirmed, make sure your native library is correctly installed along side your app. You may lose your JNI's *.so file in this transport ( very unlikely, but it happens sometimes).

If you have a deadline in your vulkan project, go for a Nexus device, like Nexus 5X, and enter Android beta program to get Android Nougat (7.0) in OTA. Easy and pailnless, no root necessary. Just run and be happy. I did it and I assure it works.

• Up0
  • Down0
hardik.prajapati
Posted: Fri, 2016-09-02 22:48

thnks for advice @Alessandro,

and i have checked through AIDA64 app it is not showing me about vulkan support  - no vulkan device found.

and even i have cross checked that native libraries along with my app perfectly available in its place ,

perhaps i have to udpate to nougate or there would be an issue in my release that may not have install vulkan support.

and if you know , how can i add my vulkan support externally in my android release ?

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2016-09-06 06:53

Hardik - adding Vulkan support is generally not possible as the drivers and Vulkan loader would need to come from the hardware vendor, and it's not clear who that is in this case.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.