Forums - performance of Ping-pong on adreno 330 devices is very bad.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
performance of Ping-pong on adreno 330 devices is very bad.
shubham12321
Posted: Fri, 2016-06-03 12:46

Hi All,

I am facing issues in improving performance of Ping-pong mechanishm on adreno 330 devices.

Apple and Mali GPU has an extention of gl_ext_shader_framebuffer_fetch or similiar to get colors of last framebuffer and hence gets good performance. But i am unable to find any workarround in adreno GPU's. I have tried following methods

1. switching between FBO's.

2. attached 2 color attachments to a single FBO, used one as a source and other as destination alternatively.

Any kind of help aur guidance will be appreciated.

• Up0
  • Down0
shubham12321
Posted: Fri, 2016-06-03 12:47

+ performance is slightly better on higher adreno GPU's

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.