Forums - GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query on OnePlus 2

1 post / 0 new
GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query on OnePlus 2
j-o
Posted: Wed, 2016-02-03 03:03

Hi,

I'm trying to profile the different rendering steps in my application using OpenGL query objects with the GL_TIME_ELAPSED target specified in the GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query extension.

However, the result seem rather strange. While the runtimes do increase with increasing geometric complexity, the values returned by the GL are much lower than expected: When using geometry complex enough to reduce the framerate to about 5fps, the time-to-frame according to the queries is still only ca. 5ms.

The same queries on a Tegra K1 (Nexus 9) produce consistent results. Could this be a driver bug or unfinished implementation? I thought, perhaps the results are not in nanoseconds as specified, but rather microseconds?

Thank you,
Jan

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.