Forums - Adreno SDK v3.9 error: could not load from adreno device driver: eglGetError

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adreno SDK v3.9 error: could not load from adreno device driver: eglGetError
jiexu
Posted: Tue, 2016-01-26 03:56

Adreno SDK version: 3.9.  OS: win7 64bit,  vs 2010 (with vs 2012 redistributable update 4 x64), intel HD 2500 (support opengl 4.0)

I install the sdk in  D disk, the demos under "D:\AdrenoSDK\Bin" and "D:\AdrenoSDK\Bin_d" can run successfully without any settings. However there is something wrong when i use the example code(here) of the book "OpenGL ES 3.0 programming guide". I set the "D:\AdrenoSDK\Development\Lib\Win32\libGLESv2.lib" for OPENGLES3_LIBRARY in cmake and the same way for EGL_LIBRARY according the author's instruction in Chapter 16. The example code project setup for vs 2010 32bit.  After i build the examples under win32 debug mode and execute one of them , it says dll not found. So i copy the GL dlls from "D:\AdrenoSDK\Bin". Then i got the error " could not load from adreno device driver: eglGetError", it abort at eglGetDisplay in the example code and says "0xC0000005: Access violation".

I have alreay install the vs 2012 redistributable update 4 after found the same quesion(here) for sdk v3.6, but it doesn't work, shows the same error. I even install the vs 2013 redistributable update, but it doesn't work either.

Does anyone have the same problem? Please help me.

• Up0
  • Down0
Alessandro
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2016-01-26 06:13

Hi !

I have the same problem and wasn't able to fix it. Same thing: already compiled demos works, but mine doesn't. I'm also using Win 7 64

I try all suggestion posted in this forum, as well tips from StackOverflow, but none worked. Always end up with that eglError, as described here: https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/adreno-gpu-sdk/...

As I was in hurry, them I give up and get back using PowerVR SDK and Google ANGLE. This way my tests and developments worked without glicthes and pain. I didn't try Adreno SDK since then, even after upgrading to Windows 10.

But if you manage to fix it, please share your findings. I'd apreciate to have Adreno available to test my apps. I'll also try Adreno SDK on Windows 10 and give feedback.

Another point: As far as I could understand the Adreno SDK license, you cannot distribute your applications with Adreno libs (libegl.dll / libGlesV2.dll). But PowerVR SDK and ANGLE doesn't have this restriction.

• Up0
  • Down0
Posted: Wed, 2016-06-15 06:56

I got the same problem, does anyone fix it out? 

• Up0
  • Down0
Posted: Wed, 2016-06-15 06:56

I got the same problem, does anyone fix it out? 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.