Forums - GLES 3.0

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
GLES 3.0
matrixandi
Posted: Thu, 2015-11-26 16:44

Hi All,

I am using Galaxy S5 with Adreno Profiler.

I am using GLES 3.0 on my shaders with ins and outs.

However, when profiling, I am getting GLES 2.0 shaders once I have made a snap shot with attributes and varying

In my manifest file, I have

android:glEsVersion="0x00030000"
android:required="true"

Could anybody point me to what I am doing wrong?

Best wishes and many thanks

Andi

• Up0
  • Down0
matrixandi
Posted: Fri, 2015-11-27 06:56

In the documentation, I found that the desktops GPU needs at least have OpenGL 3.3 in order to support GLES 3.0.

My driver however has OpenGL 3 and I am updating currently.

I think thats is the cause why Adreno Profiler automatically downgraded the shaders to Gles 2.0

Will let you know soon

• Up0
  • Down0
matrixandi
Posted: Sun, 2015-11-29 16:16

I updated to the newest driver for my GT70 (this is GTX780) and the issue still persists, I can see strange shaders like this

#extension GL_OES_EGL_image_external : require
precision mediump float;
varying vec2 vTextureCoord;
uniform samplerExternalOES sTexture;
void main() {
  gl_FragColor = texture2D(sTexture, vTextureCoord);
}

only, although my shaders are completely different (other variable names and in and outs).

Any help is very much appreciated

• Up0
  • Down0
matrixandi
Posted: Sun, 2015-11-29 16:44

I was on the wrong thread.

In the Adreno profiler, there is in the Scrubber GL menu on the very first right a combo box with all the threads which are running. I had to look into the second one, then I could find my shaders :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdlugg6p09zsx6w/adreno_profiler_thread.jpg?dl=0

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.